
Yesterday after getting out of work I went up to the PYW to check on the girls. The PYW is in the brick building that you see. Julia and Theresa were sitting in the Gazebo with some other kids that had a dog. I went to talk with Paula, works at the PYW, on the stairs of the PYW. Well the dog that was there was not on a leash and was running around the park. Zack, the director, came out after the kids that had the dog left and asked whom was over there. He asked who was wearing a green shirt because this guy who lives in a building that is on the side of the park called and said that the kids with the dog were being very rude and distrespecful to him when he asked them to put the dog on the leash. Well guess what my 2 daughters were with the group of kids and Julia had made a disrespectful comment to the man. I was so upset and embarrassed that my girls were involved. Of course the other kids left after it happened and Julia and Theresa were the only ones involved left. I made Julia and Theresa go and say sorry to the man. They were so upset with me but I do not want that kind of behavior from my girls. I went with them and as I was walking over Heath showed up and asked what we were doing. I explained to him and he sat and watched. I guess the guy that they were disrespectful to Heath knows and stayed to make sure that he did not begin being rude to us. ( I guess this guy is quite the loser). So the girls said sorry and Zack told them that he was very proud of them for saying sorry.
I do not want my girls to be the kids that are rude to others and I turned this into a life lesson, but boy were they mad at me. They got over it pretty fast though.
That is a tough situation but the way you handled it will make your girls great people!
ReplyDelete