Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Julia



You would never have guessed 3 years ago that my baby Julia would turn out so great. Look at the smile on her face. Of course if you look at the top picture you will see what we are doing to make her smile that much more beautiful (not that she really needs it). It just amazes me every time I look at her how well she is doing now. The reason I wanted to share this is because she is doing so well. This year in school she is in all the general classes that everyone else is in except math and English. In the classes other than these two she is doing just about all the work that others are doing with a few modifications. For the past 3 weeks she has been working on a evolution project for her biology class. They had to present the project as a news paper. Because she has an IEP she had to do 1 lead story instead of 2 and 1 editorial instead of 2. She also had to do a time line and interview with Charles Darwin. She did this completely on her own The only part that I did was type the paper for her in the newspaper format that was a little tricky. Julia did the time line completey on her own. Julia got an A on the assigment. I am so proud of my baby. She has grown up so much in the last year that it just takes my breath away. Not only has she grown up so much she is also a great teenager. I could not ask for a better Julia.










And to top it all off Julia and Theresa get along so great now. Of course they still get into arguments often, but lets face it they are two hormonal teens. (don't you just love the picture of them just being goofy)

1 comment:

  1. I have tears in my eyes because I am just so proud of Julia and how well she is doing. By the way, she wouldn't be doing nearly this well without a great Mom helping her every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete