Friday, May 1, 2009

kids kids kids

So the other night I was sitting here on the computer trying to put songs on Julia's MP3 player from Itunes. I did not think that it would work but it is no use trying to argue with a 15 year old. When it did not work she said will you get me a new MP3 player. I said to her no I thought you wanted a new phone. Then she went on to argue with me about it. She kept on making comments so I ignored her. She then kept saying that I need to take a course on manners and that I was being disrespectful to her. I said what do you think you are doing right now. I asked her several times to go to her room and she did not. She told me that I should have asked her nicely and said please. She told me ignoring her was very disrespectful and I said what would you rather me do come and drag you by the hair to your room? (of course I did not do that) Finally after she would not stop I asked Theresa and Heather to come in my room with me and she decided that she was going to go on the computer so I took the mouse and keyboard. She got upset even more and stood with her foot in the door so I could not close it. I was trying to remove her foot. Julia then made a comment that turned every thing way worse. She said to me "you are ruining my life". I remember making that comment when I was young and my response to her she took completely the wrong way. I said "you dont deserve a life right now". I was meaning you should be in your room with nothing and have no life with computer, phone, and friends. She thought I meant to die. She said "you just stepped over the line and left the house. Heath found her at the park sitting in the bleachers and started crying as soon as she got in the truck. Oh my goodness I felt so bad. I explained to her what I meant and she still was not ready to talk with me. SHe did not talk with me for the rest of the night. Finally the next morning she started telling me about her dream. I stopped her and said "I am sorry for saying that you didnt deserve a life and I did not mean it like that- are you ready to say sorry for the choices you made?" She said sorry really quick with out meaning and continued on about her dream.

Oh how quickly the young can forget what happened and go on with what ever. I still feel guilty about her taking the comment the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment