Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Theresa's News

I thought I would let everyone know about Theresa's news. There is a leadership camp in New Durham and the PYW picks two kids each year to represent PYW at the camp. Theresa has been chosen. The fee will be fully paid by a scholarship and the PYW. The camps cost is just about $800 dollars. Theresa will attend the camp and then bring back what she learned and use it in the community and with in the PYW.

ON that note I do not think that I ever let everyone know that Julia and Theresa were chosen for the PYW CAN program. The program is to promise not to do drugs, drink, or smoke. They have recieved a special card that entitles them to discounts and free items at buisness in the town. For example the movie store if they rent 2 movies they get one free, and a 2 liter bottle of soda with a purchase of pizza. It also allows 4 half price field trips with the PYW and special trips for PWY CAN members only. They have monthy meetings on the pressure of drinking and drugs.

I love my girls!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great program!!!! They CAN do it!!!
    I love your girls too!!!

    ReplyDelete